Thursday, December 08, 2022

Vietnam Stitched Travel Journal

 

I have been 'a gunna' make this for so long...

Finally making headway....

It will be a scroll relating to my Textile Travels in North Vietnam. 

When you travel it is easy to pick up bits and pieces that hold little memories..... but what to do with them later?

More junk? stashed into a draw or catching dust somewhere?

I put some things in Preserving Jars, they are a pleasure to look at [and easy to contain things and relatively dust free]


During my Vietnam Tours it is easy to collect a whole heap of small treasures- many trips and a little each time....
each time I also learn a little more about how they all go together, too.



Every little piece of cloth represents so much work and care, I hate it just sitting lost in a bag somewhere.

So, I thought I would make a Stitched Travel Journal and am finally making headway





It is only a little thing but I am rather pleased with myself for finally getting it happening.

No comments: