Friday, November 22, 2019

some days....

Ya know, some days you just want to cry.....

I have spent months getting our website all spruced up and looking nice, been working on improving behind the scenes STUFF.

been hitting a snag
a huge snag!!

I originally built our website back in the dim dark ages of about 2005 on Yahoo, using their tools. I learnt about meta tags and such stuff and worked hard on FB and blogger. And the website went well.
There were few textile tours running back then and we always came near to top on search rankings.

Well speed forward to late 2019 and Yahoo just does not do it anymore. It does not play nice with google and search engine rankings, the associated emails will not mesh with Microsoft Outlook.

I just worked with a designer and rebuilt the website using wordpress.org. easy enough system and it looks good....

BUT what I did not know was the RIGHT QUESTION  to ask.

Making the website look pretty was not what I needed to do- yes it is important
but the real problem was YAHOO and so it is time to go.

BUT Yahoo will not give up my website files...... SO I have the huge task of rebuilding AGAIN on my new host Bluehost+WP.

I have initiated domain moving away from yahoo to Bluehost and Gosh do I hope it goes smoothly.
STRESSSSSSSSSSS on an unbelievable level.

We have spent the last few years growing up The Stitching Project and it is doing really well. We have created a lot of work for a lot of wonderful people, and we will always be here to help and participating but it is time to step away from the children and let them get on with all the day to day stuff themselves and have some time and space to follow our dreams.

It is now time for us to follow up on our adventures and enjoy our travels- together and with our guests.

SSSSSSOOOOO I have to get back to that horrible IT stuff and fix the back end of our website.


found this in my suggestions for travellers.

YES please that is us :)

No comments: