Saturday, November 16, 2019

What to do? Feel bold!


This rather dramatic sky got to me this morning.
No filter and camera colour is not as scintillating as the actual view.... but I am sure you get the idea.

Actually I have had 4 days in bed this week with the worst bout of asthma EVER. Usually it is Spring pollen that gets me, but this time I think it was a chill from an unexpected thunderstorm and all the dust it blew up.

Still managed to jump off the side of Jodhpur Fort for my birthday but I did a lot of wheezing walking between jump points.
I organized it to stir Praveen up, I knew he would HAVE to do it if I said it was my birthday wish....
It is actually a great way to feel bold, I discovered.
You are completely strapped in, so even if you loose the plot, you won't fall out.
You are in a harness, they attach it to the line, 
the guy says sit down into it....
you fly feet first,
then when you are ready, you just lift your feet and slowly start to glide.
No having to throw yourself out of a plane or off a mountain.
Lift your feet and glide....
then deal with it speeding up and you are flying high in the sky.
IT IS BRILLIANT!!

A real Buzz!

It is good to feel BOLD, it spreads around in your life and helps you take on other challenges.


It was so lovely to visit Jodhpur simply as tourists, we visit regularly but in the guise of group leaders and so have a pre-planned agenda. 
We had time to check out new hotels, new development work in Jodhpur- the cleaned up Step Well Area is brilliant and we found a fabulous rooftop restaurant for dinner.

I guess that sounds a little CAS  work orientated.... but really it was us doing what we like to do EXPLORE and it was really satisfying to find a new side to an old friend.

What to do? Is where I started.... the asthma was scary. I have been on an intense course of Homeopathics and responded well and back on track again. I love the clinic I use, they are in Kolkata but can be contacted anytime via email and phone and respond quickly. I have a kit at home, all the remedies numbered and just need to follow instructions.
It is a God send, allopathic medication for asthma mucks me up a lot I have palpitations and weird reactions.... Finding this clinic a few years ago has changed my life.

Any way.... much better.

and onto what to do?
Burning....
I have watched in horror all week as Australia burned... here in India poor farmers can't afford to plow crop stubble back into the fields so they burn it off and that along with winter conditions means the north of the country is shrouded in smoke and pollution. Our government can do many things to help big business but the poor farmer gets very little assistance at all. We have SOOOO many farmer suicides....
I can't fix that but here we can do our little bit....
As one little person.... 
I CAN
-Plant more trees on my place
- our workshop and home are going solar
-we  gave out cloth bags to all our people and will continue the mantra SAY NO TO PLASTIC
- making cloth bags for vegetable shopping
 ..... come up with more ideas

 SMILE AND HAVE HOPE WE CAN FIX THIS TOGETHER

HOPE + ACTION = SUCCESSFUL OUTCOMES.

No comments: