Saturday, November 21, 2020

Story of a print

 My mate Dawn and I have spent years and years making stuff together.

This is one of our plots and plans come to fruition.

Dawn pressed plants between paper and boiled them and made a mobile. She cleans up at the local Agriculture Show every year with her work 😊




I loved the images and took photos during a visit.... and got blocks carved.


Next visit I brough khadi along printed with the designs and we had a bush boil up and coloured cloth.







It was such fun.
Today as I write this I am sitting in the dress I made from that cloth 😊
You can find more of Dawn's work on instgram

She is my go to guru on Bush Dyeing and I know she recomends Louise at Gumnut Magic as her guru. 

So much fun to be had with natural dyes and when your garment has finished its life it is safe to compost.

No comments: