Wednesday, March 03, 2010

good news and hard work...

Good news, my most recent work is part of an Exhibition opening in Germany just now,
here are some links to a website or 2 detailing it...Southlands and .http://www.quilters-insel.de/You might need to keep an eye on the sites, things are being updated a lot at the moment.
Dijanne Cevaal is the curator so I know this show will have a good life, she always organizes these things very well.

I have spent the last few days doing some of the behind the scenes work of running tours....paperwork and lots of it!!
Following up details, hassling people for quotes that were promised, confirming arrangements negotiated...it is exhausting!!Then writing it up in a way that makes sense and checking for typos and my worst nightmare checking i have not made some clunker with the dates!!
I would much rather be daydreaming over and playing with some of the things I picked up in my recent trip to Ghana...
like these lovely wax printsand these preserving jars full of memories... I love these jars partly because it keeps the dust out [I am keeping an eye on this obsession with dust, don't want to become one of those grannys that wrap the furniture in plastic] but mostly the are PRESERVING JARS....
look at this lovely batik work from Esther- luscious, it is all on damask so it has an added texture of the thread when you look up close... my boy after Holi...he has scrubbed but is still a funny shade of pink/purple....

No comments: