Friday, April 15, 2011

whirlwinds....

It is so nice to be in Oz and see friends and kids....such a pleasure to see my boys, but mostly it is a whirlwind...rush to get here, rush around fitting as much as possible while I am here...today is the onlt day where I will spend a few hours sitting still on my mates verandah and chatting over a cup of tea....whilst catching up on officework, drawing up a pattern or two, organizing a bit of posting....should not have started that list it does not sound like to\\he restful day i have been promoting to myself!
 Had 2 and a half brief and busy days at the Orange Forum- great buzz...met so many old friends. students, tour clients and new people I have met via the cyber world it was great to put flesh and blood to, and lots of cheery warmth.
 I was being a real tourist taking pictures of the natives trying my clothes- the ladies back home will love to oggle the locals just like my tour clients take pictures of the locals to show their mates back home.....gave me a drippy smile thinking I am being a tourist in reverse....does that make sense to you?
In this instance we Ozzies are the exotic creatures....

Also wonderful to see my garments on bodies....hard to tell much when I only have me to look at in the mirror or men to try them on [just would not work asking the ladies]
We have very favourable comments [and people putting their money where their mouth is] and a few leads on shops that might like to stock us....all very encouraging
 I shared a space with 2 wonderful women and in the quiet times between shoppers we had a great laugh, Julianna with a cheeky smile will stock some Pukka Desirables products in her Gallery/shop....details coming and Carol who we wtached work and crate beuatiful sculptural jewelery from morning to night

 This necklace in particular l\took my eye, colour spot on and form so soothing- i imagined it framed and able to be lifted out to be worn- duel purpose...someone elegant and dressed in black would look stunning wearing it.
 Australia is a very beautiful place....my eyes are so happy to feast on her....early morning departure from Orange heading back to the Hunter Valley

 Another mystery lady i met in  Newcastle yesterday, kindly modeling more of my clothes for tourist shots....keep your eyes glued to this blog I will have more to say soon, but I hold great hopes for a very elegant Textile Gallery Studio to be arriving soon. Great to be around at the beginning and have a chance to watch it all unfold.....
 And hanging out with my best friend...we have been cooking togther for years feeding our kids, but now they are all so big and would you believe helpful, still larikins as well!
Dawn's baby....

 My Zac towering over the BBQ....
and my baby Ruben. It is so nice to see them and see what beautiful people they have grown into .....
happy visits....

No comments: