Saturday, October 13, 2012

Midas touch

I feel like Midas with a mountain of treasure- but instead of everything being gold and cold mine treasure is silk and lovely to touch.....new quilts coming together.

 The silk side looks good and feels great but I think I am more inlove with the reverse side and how graphic it is...this one I wanted the ladies to change the order of thecolours so their would be variation in the circles- only one was comfortable to do this...but next time I think we will get there. Then the design will have more movement in it....

 The pink silk in this is sooo luxurious looking- so warm and inviting....

It is now Autumn here- such a relief after the build up of heat in summer and then the humidity of monsoon. Mornings are crisp [ I can wear my silk kimono we stitched in the workshop] and the days are full warm. I say full warm becuase that is how you feel- completely warm up to the point of just about sweating but not going over the top and dissolving into pools of sweat, which has been the experience for the last 6 months.

Off to Delhi for the weekend...things to check out, markets to visit....taking camera to the camera doctor- seeems dust or mould is in the inside and does not focus as crisply as it should - we have new websites to build so that needs to improve....
Have a good weekend :)
 

1 comment:

Purly Wendy said...

That pink one is particularly luscious and the stitching is just amazing! You are doing such great things Fiona!