Monday, January 01, 2018


I have been a bit rough since I got back from Oz, just exhaustion really but left me feeling flat.

The last 5 months building have been so hard- the noise. I have never been a fan of loud music back in the day when my mates and I went to see bands I would often end up outside across the road waiting from everyone as I could not stand the feel of the loud music in my chest. So building with its constant noise and banging and grinding etc nearly killed me. Dramatic but that is what it felt like.

Then my quick trip to Oz was great to see my peeps but being all running, running and running it was also exhausting, I really only just arrived when I was leaving again.

Arriving home we have so much on, so much to think through, new clients and new opportunities opening up and it all felt a bit much. My head filled up with a tired fog and hard to get going.

Slowly catching up, ticking something off a list does perk me up, making new list as we start to see which way our plans are moving.
Yesterday we had a staff party at our place- we cooked up a feast and everyone brought along a plate to contribute.
The day was brilliant, sun shone and we all enjoyed the opportunity to hang out.
 We are really blessed we have such a good team now….it has taken a lot of learning on our part and weeding and it is really paying off.
Feel very fond of our gang and proud of how they are developing in themselves and as a team.
We hang around in the garden, invitation was open to staff and kids [ it was thought we could have more fun if no husbands/wives to be shy in front of] everyone's behavior is above board and we interact like to big friendly group but we do all come from a village background which can quite limit interactions between non blood family members.... didn't want to step on anyone's toes!
The gents played cricket, the ladies went and hassled them for a minute then they end up playing chasing game down the back of our paddock!! so funny.
The Ladies wanted to dance but we didn't have music so Praveen was able to ring and get some guys with huge speakers to turn up in half and hour and we had dancing in the courtyard.
It was a scream.... gents dance together, Bulbir our very quiet cutting master becomes a dancing demon when music starts- we had to remove him from the dance floor a few times so the Ladies could enjoy.
Here you can see our beautiful Ladies and Praveen going around blessing them with money. Indian tradition brings good luck to be generous.
We have decided the Staff Party will be our new Workshop Tradition, it was so much fun. 
and has set the tone for our New Year very well.
Happy New Year to all of you, may it be full of fun, satisfaction, good work and good people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful, wonderful , wonderful- fabulous party!!! Those jolly loud speakers are everywhere!!!! Great start to the new year Fiona. You have embarked on a whole new journey with the eco dye- hard to keep up with all the things you are doing, but having a great team is the key, so well done. Appreciated your comments about the "no partners"- and the village thing- hard to understand from over here!