Friday, December 27, 2019

Stash Alert


I was having a crafty urge yesterday, so I thought I would get out some of my beads from Ghana and make a new necklace, as I started poking around, I realized just what a stash I have.
I already send out a FABRIC WARNING about Ghana- beware their fabrics are soooooo desirable. African wax print, hand made Ghana batik, kente cloth, a guy in Accra with Mali Mudcloth….. Anyone would go crazy….as generally a non-shopper I can attest to that!




Well looking at my bead stash I think I officially need to issue a BEAD STASH ALERT too.
Haha 😊
Glass beads from recycled bottles, Painted glass beads from recycled glass, brass beads from old engine blocks from lost wax sculpting techniques – so lovely and desirable.

I am using some up now as necklaces, so I have a reason to “Help the local economy” and buy more next trip. I know my eyes will feast on them and make me hungry.
Ghana here we come- empty suitcases!! West AfricanWanderings Aug 15 to 29, 2020.

No comments: