Thursday, August 13, 2020

Hope

 

Trying to keep HOPE alive.

I was planning on going to Australia 31 March, I was planning on staying for a long, long time. India was a bit overwhelming for me at that time.

 Meanwhile all hell was breaking loose j.... I still don't have a refund or new tickets from that airline.

Australia govt advice was hard to get.... took weeks to even get registered with Australian consulate here in India that I felt stranded and wanted to get back to Australia.

If you poke around on the internet you might find some info but hard to fathom.

There were no flights, how could one get home?

Now reading the media it seems Aussie government is inferring that everyone had a chance to get back in March and it is their problem if they didn't.

In March could you imaging this would stretch out for half a year and an end was not in sight.

I took advice of consulate and stayed where I was....

I have family and responsibilities in Australia, I want the safety of them around me in this time....

I have had 3 cancelled flights since March, no cash refunds to buy a new flight just vague messages I will eventually get a credit note for future use. I currently have a flight for 5 Sept, it has been delayed from 29 August. Pray for me I get on it.

Australian govt is inferring airlines are causing the problem, but they are setting the caps and changing them on a daily basis as to how many they will allow an airline to carry.

India has a lot of problems and I find it hard to feel positive about the government but they have sent out airplanes and brought stranded Indians home. 8 to 900,000 was the last numbers I heard.

What has Australia done?

There are so many in a lot worse situation than I am, and yet I feel desperate to get home to OZ, how are they?

Where is the duty of care for Australian Citizens? 

I just found this petition.... let's think of the many people OS who would like to be safely at home.

I love my workshop and my travels but life is not always easy here. I now have Grandchildren and I want to be a part of their life. My plans are to base in Australia and do a lot more of  workshop management through zoom. My team are good, Praveen will be here in India. We can all manage.




No comments: