Thursday, November 20, 2008

I have been writing up bits and pieces and this is the first time I have had a chance to post...in holiday mode I guess...here tis, in reverse order i just realised
Australia for a week to see my old Pop and friends then home to Pushkar...

17.11.08
Holiday Sketching is the name of the game and that is what it feels like.
Leonie our tutor and Khanh our man in Vietnam have everything under control; all I really have to do is wander along, practice my sketching, enjoy another wonderful meal Khanh has organized [Vietnamese food must be some of the tastiest, healthiest and easiest to devour food on this earth! It is fresh, full of vegetables, endless variety and wonderful when organized by Khanh!] all I have to do is just sort out a few details…this is WONDERFUL!!
I think it pretty much adds up to a holiday, a concept I have heard of but not really experienced, and it is another day in the office.
We are going to sample a local specialty- Mia Chou rice wine, I shall raise mine tonight to many more relaxing days in the office like this! Yippee.
Last night we visited Khanh’s family and cooked up a storm in his Mum’s kitchen, we even had to take turns rolling spring rolls and eating as everything was happening at once at one stage- fun and yum.
I have just downloaded my photos and realised how many good things I have skipped in my holiday mode so will backtrack….


That is the rice wine in that big jar, some special collection of sticky rice, guava leaves, rice ash and secret things.... fermentsed for 6 months to 2 years and drunk communally with a long straw....

Khanh described is as sweet, sour and inclined to make you tippsy...that is about it- sort of port like in flavour...

No comments: