Thursday, July 15, 2010
Boil 4 potato – cut into largish chunks.
1. make marsala-
2t coriander seed
- 1 t cumin seed
- 2 t sesame seeds
Roast and grind and set aside - this is #1 marsala- you have enogh for 2 or 3 meals so put excess in a storage jar- you will want to eat this dish again!
2. caramelise 3 onions
3. add blended
– 8-10 garlic cloves
- 3-4 green chilli
- 1” ginger
- Bunch fresh coriander
Simmer a few minutes
4. add 5 skinned and crushed tomatoes heat through, simmer few minutes
5. add potatos
6. add 2-3 t of #1.marsala
7. stir through and cook 1min
From Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Tikkas [http://goodtimes.ndtv.com/] I think perhaps modified a little.
Here is a list of blogs I have found that I enjoy- all great Indian food experiences.
Blogs to watch
• TalaDalal http://www.tarladalal.com/http://www.tarladalal.com/
• Love all the dals on this page- dalis a main event here each day!!
• Seduce your tastebuds http://seduceyourtastebuds.blogspot.com/
• http://zaiqa.net/ very informative centring on Hydrabadi Food- great research
• http://www.amrutabhandam.com/ from Chennai
Have a look through these you should find something to tickle your taste buds!!