Monday, November 15, 2010

back to Jaipur

Yesterday was a biggish day, mostly travel unfortunately...one of those instances you wish you could say "Beam me up Scotty!"
Still we had time for some show and tell- look at this gorgeous head gear from Laddak region and time for stitching into the felt we made...must be honest that is almost a royal 'we' and I am not one of them...2 of our group can stitch in the bus and have been most diligent...the rest of us supportive and encouraging.

 My brother-in-law and assisiatnt acting as a model...

 A little time for retail therapy at the end of the day...this is a trader's shop I know in Jaipur- he always has one cupboard of quality stuff, I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to see what he reveals....and the best bit is you get to grope it!! A lot of things are of the same quality as we have recently seen in museums and here we are touching it, getting to look at it up so close....hmmmm I want.....


All hand stitched by the snake charmer caste, from Pakisthan....lots more pictures on this link



Gosh I know this tour is drawing to a close when the outside world starts to ring me and a list of things to do when I get home starts to build up....a really lovley interlude this tour is and I am trying to stay focused on enjoying every moment until the other is actually here...not just lurking in the future.
Have a happy day :)

No comments: