Wednesday, December 14, 2011

almost home again...

My lovely Dawn....so nice to hang out, we speak all the time on the phone but hanging around together is such a heart warming pleasure....here she is modelling one of the Tasty Old Chooks numbers....great to look and see how the dress takes to a body.

We were delivering work to the local gallery where I used to live, blossoming under the care of Donna Cavanaugh with lots of interesting stuff. Let me know if you want more details and I can pass her email onto you...website for them is hoped for one day....

Con Detterer delivering one of his sculptures; lovingly crafted from junk.
Had a big pow-wow with Zac- got the thumbs up on our interpretations of his artwork transfered to Tshirts and Hoodies...stay tuned Watts Wright Designs are all go. I need to tweak a few details he and everyone else noted but generally heading in the right direction.
It was rather wonderful having design session with Zac, Dawn and the gang; when the boys and I were down at my biggest boy David's place....bodies scattered all over the room, samples everywhere and patterns being measured....that is almost how they grew up- when they were all very small I supported us through making clothes...everything was all around and the boys had to paly around it....now we were all hanging together confering over where to go with Zac'd designs Praveen and I are making......such a winderful loop and such a long way we have all come from those days.
Dawn's grand daughter fishing around in bag for a present I bought for her- a camel bell, she is msot interested to meet my camel Baba and is waiting for Nana Dawn to bring her to visit one day- what a wonderful idea.....little children bought back many memories for Dawn and I ...our kids are around the same age...so we always had a gagle of her girls and my boys around...we were always making clothes for them...now they are all growing up or grown up and starting to come back with their kids in tow....so lovely to see. and here we were at Dawn's doing the first inspection of one of the kids designs....last year Cait one of Dawn's girls had her first fashion parades.....good to have things in common with your kids and see them prepared to have a go with their creative sides
My big boy David and his lovely fiance Naimh put on the most wonderful Christams spread and had the younger boys and I down to hang with them in Sydney for a few days- ssssooooo good for an old Mummy.
We dined [ yes it sounds fancy and it was!!] at Dave's workplace Toko- a rather flash Japeanes restaurant in Surry Hills- delicious and a huge over-indulgence....what fun....
and now I am stuck in Delhi for a few days.....half way between my lovely Aussies and my man....I have to get a visa for Ghana in January and so using the opportunity to do a little more textile research, try and catch up on emails, dwell on all the wonderful things that happened in a few short days and work on ideas that were generated.....life is full of such wonderuful experiences, if you let them in.....
I believe in an open arms policy :)

No comments: