Friday, November 03, 2017

patch this, patch that

patch this,

patch that

patch me happy.

yep a silly mood....workshop will be closed for 2 days due to Pushkar Camel Fair traffic, so I can't be asked to come in and do something.

I will be home in my garden with dye pots and veggies.... making like a vegetable myself as the mood takes me.

yippee!!

This last week or so, I have seen some of the things my mates have been using my offcuts for, yes I am that type of friend who likes to share an addiction around- haha or pose a challenge.

Patched bags this is what I came up with...
my mate Anne made this cute, petite organizers

My staff drool over a pin case Anne made, me, the stitches are tiny and perfect, everytime we sit together and stitch they always comment on my lovely friend making me such a treasure. I know she will read this and turn a little pink at the compliment, it is genuine awe at her work on the girl's part .
and Dijanne has set off on an Indigo version of her travellers blanket. Her Traveller's Blankets are divine, to run your hand over one is such a treat....all that stitching adds a whole new dimension to them.

want to grab your own offcuts and have a go? Click
 
I know they are only offcuts, but they have too much life in them to be thrown away and I think these pieces do pose a question- how to use up leftovers creatively, they are not waste just opportunities to think in a new way.
Big question all around in the current state our world is in.
I saw Dijanne's pictures of the beach on the remote island she has a residency ...littered with trash, last time I was in Halong Bay I was gob smacked at the island to island rubbish.
We must start re-thinking things. start close to home and broaden your picture day by day.
We're going through the workshop and trying to cut the usage of plastic bags- hard when we live in a world of dirt and are trying to produce a clean product, but we have a few improvements coming along. Even our new storeroom will be better protected to keep dust out to.
What small change can you instigate today?
It gathers momentum and you might add a few tomorrow.
Compost, say no to plastic, solar power....walk not drive-oops a big one!
be creative :)
oh and I have made a vest our of dhoti patches- Well Mrs Rameshwari did a lot of the stitch for me...
We have done scarves and are now working on a jacket...it will be so cosy.
 

No comments: