Sunday, March 03, 2019

media, marketing, why oh why?

Goodness me,
It seems a lot has changed with websites and ranking and stuff.
I used to tweak our website every so often.... I also had time to tweak our websites every so often and Creative Arts Safaris especially used to get front page ranking for those who wanted
small group tours
craft tours
textile tours
India, Morocco. Vietnam, Ghana tours..... now it is lost in the depths of Google somewhere.

Apparently you should tweak the website often, write blogs and link them to said websites and anything else but not over do it and be kind of spammy.

Link to other websites and get others to link to you.... again be real not spammy.

Tweak your SEO-  well I thought that would be a simple google and fix, but they use way to many thingamajigs I have no idea about.
Seems Facebook  is becoming old hat and Instagram is making its way down the same gurgler, as far as I can see.

and frankly I have got to the time in my life I can't find the energy to be enthusiastic.

if it was a make by hand thing I would be all over it- but a fiddle with computer and other nerdy stuff- call me a Luddite and let me out of here.

Do you know how I find a SEO tweaker? - how do you know they are good? How much will this cost? Happy to work with them and update and edit content on our website, want someone to do the back end tweaking.

Will have to quizz Gaelle at Anjelms, I think she has been learning a lot about this stuff.
She recently did an interview with moi for her website, and I do admire the look she has going.
Also love the working with her, she is fun, and supportive.

Oh and I should label pictures in a searchable way and use lots of them.... maybe embed something but I have no idea  what.... not hammer in computer I guess.

Haha Happy Sunday,
workshop is working so we can be closed tomorrow for Shiva and Pravati's [Hindu Gods] wedding anniversary.




No comments: