Tuesday, March 19, 2019

TSP

 WE tend to have lunch separate, Ladies upstairs and men downstairs.... except when it is something special and we all eat together.
Reason for this tradition, yes and convenience, we can chat about what we like, drop off veils if hot, lounge around. Things you don't do in mixed company. Haha.
Every day our Indra Madam cooks a vegetarian dish which the whole workshop shares, everyone else brings a lunch box from home and their chapati. So we have a serve of the main course and a spoonful of everyone's lunch box - a delicious mixed plate every day.
Their is gentle competition between the women for group appreciation and laughs at me because I love salad and it is not a THING in India, only fit for goats. I have converted a few but mostly - forget it!
 This [up and down ] is the gang at chai time,
Majority women in our workshop. Yippee!! years of work building the numbers and training up a strong workforce, Not so many blokes but the ones we have are good guys and happy to be here in our workshop.
As you saw at our New Years Party everyone gets along together very well.


Been thinking about what I can do, what I need to do, who I can delegate things to....
I love to make things, using our talents for others, it keeps so many of us busy and they get to do all the marketing etc. I get the good part, making something nice.

I try and make new designs to carry TSP label, as a few clients order from them but it is such a big job making them available for prospective shoppers to order against.... I never seem to get it done and what I do could be polished more. Oh well.

Do you know what I really like to do.... when I have time. Yes haha.

I like to make quilts.
Folky, Gees Bend Bold hand stitched quilts from our off-cuts.
And Jackets- I love making unique jackets.....
combining these ideas I have some patch work jackets starting to come together.
Offcuts, too lovely to throw re-purposed into snuggly jackets and kimono coats. Hmmm
my heaven
And a few more quilts.....
yeh! This one is for Anjelms of Fremantle, featuring this season and a season a few years back black and white prints. Cool isn't it?

No comments: