Thursday, June 13, 2019

Last Days

For more than 5 years I have been hording information and leads and talking to people, getting ready to put a Romania Tour on the map.
Really it all started as a young child, someone gave me a small card hand painted with flowers, she said that is how she used to paint Easter eggs where she came from; Romania.
Even as a kid I was into maps. I knew where it was and the likelihood of going thee was remote because of the Soviet Block thingy; might have liked maps but politics was not my thing. My old friend in the library Britannica told me Carpathian Mountains and Transylvania.... oooh I liked the sound of them in my mouth, how mysterious.
Weird things you remeber from kid time.
Then ages ago Gillian Travis was visiting and mentioned how interesting northern Romania was..... well I was off.

And now in a few short days I really will be off. Yippeee!!
I have spent the last few weeks, compiling all my notes, making lists and getting in the zone.
Tour prep for us is listing like crazy, find a story of the area to read each night and then get there, leave the notes aside and wander with sparkly eyes and see what we see.
Oh yes and the 'fun' side look at a thousand hotels and meet infrastructure people and make a thousand new notes of everything we 'discover'.

OOHH can't wait :)

Back home, pretty much got workshop up and ready for time out from me.

Monsoon weather pattern arrived yesterday.
Up until now it has been mid 40's everyday, mid 30's by night and sharp sunshine. Fries what little mind I have it is so intense.

Yesterday, clouds came in, the weather started to feel like you are encased in a damp sponge and someone is sitting on it pressing it into you everywhere.
Not nice.
Tortoises started groaning and baby making which proves Monsoon time is here.
The thing though, here on the edge of the desert, is that is does not necessarily mean rain. Just the possibility.
All the farmers have been spreading manure and plowing.... now they have to wait and hope.
This first week is OK but it could be 4 or 5 weeks before a shower and by that time everyone is so tense and anxious and brittle. This rain if it comes is there one chance for crop this year.

Fingers crossed.

Our new Creative Arts Safaris Newsletter is out - a very big thank you for feedback. Really appreciated, anyone else who wants to throw their two bobs worth in- yes please :)

OK pff to organize workshop things, catch myself when I start to daydream ... it is just next week :) Yippee.

Watch there will be plenty of photos, but other things you will just have to join us to experience.
Being there is the thing.
No actually being here is the thing. Focus on right now, right here.

Nothing wrong with moving that right now, right here around, is there?

Hmmm  maybe heat addled philosophy. Haha 

No comments: