Sunday, May 21, 2006

satisfaction



Good to get on a roll.

The darker piece is nearly finished and bout to go to the UK.

It is based on an idea of 'there' being 'here' only in another location.
The central piece of each panel [ there are 12 in all] has a piece of the wrapping cloth used around a parcel I sent home to myself when I was in India.

I like to go places and have been using impressions from travel in my work for a while. in my imagination where ever my 'here' is the 'there' is also strong. really the world is a little place these days.....

The reddish one is to be part of an exhibition opening in 2 weeks [ oh! I need to get a hurry on!] 'Indian Dreamings'- that is just a section I intend to stitch into it next, not sure if i will present it with a natural edge or 'frame' it with silk organza. Cam you see the rose petals scattered across it. Everywhere in India there are lovelt red roses- a few places I stay will have them floating in white marbles bowls of water near the fron door- smells heavenly first thing in the morning.[ i'll post a photo next time I am there.....

3 comments:

Judy Martin said...

Fiona, I love your new work that references India. In fact, all of the work that you've posted is lovely. Congratulations.

Nellie's Needles said...

Wonderful! Glad I read back through your archives to see the beginnings of this piece. I love the textures and the feeling of antiquity.

Elle said...

You have some very cool pieces! I love the textures and colors.