Monday, October 11, 2010

Business and running around like crazy!

Still working like crazy....and no pics until tomorrow....in Sydney now; been sketching and talking and photographing spending quality time with Sharron of Leafy Sea Dragon Clothing getting ready for our next assault on the sewing machines.....we have come along way with designs and production....new website should be ready very soon and then we will be all systems go with creative clothing.....this is so much fun....all the party clothes I used to make a million years ago in my youth, all  the years spent hunched over a sewing machine making my own designs, all the pleasure of creations roll into this work....it is very good fun -yes and very hard work but that is a luxury for me in a world were so many don't have enough work.
We mostly work via the odd phone call, and internet flicking pictures and ideas back and forth...to hang out, look, pick at clothes and talk in the one room is a real luxury.

Had a meeting with another young man who is doing all the hard work of setting up his own design business for exciting men's party clothes- so impressed with the amount of conceptualising he has put into his first designs and he is very pleased with the first samples I have made for him....I can see this developing into a good business relationship as well....more details on the mystery man when he is ready to unvail his work....


"Johnson and Daughters" are happy with their first hand stitched samples I showed them last week [that is great because it creates significant work for my Stitching Ladies] and I have a rush on for more pieces to be finished for Christams sales for them....

More meetings with my new distributer of Pukka Components this week....yeh! working well on ironing out our game plan and arrangemnets.....

and one more person to see next week about us working on her line og baby clothes....excited by that as I started selling at markets many moons ago with little kids clothes and it all happened because so many people stopped my son and I in the street to ask where I got his clothes from....


Lots of hard work but ssssoooo exciting. using creative jiuces, keeping me busy at home and creating work for the good people around us....yes!


Very much looking forward to heading home next week, no more long jaunts- my lovely home and my man are where I want to be

No comments: