Sunday, October 24, 2010

everything is topsy turvey

  Everything is topsy turvey but in a nice way....I am madly getting the house a bit more organized as I will have visitors on my next tour...the group will be opening my workshop!
I did put most things away before I left for Oz but have no idea where that was...so am turning everything our again to re-organize...this is days before I leave for tour and amongst a million and one other things that need doing
 
All the quilts I had hanging need washing before I can put them up in our new home, here they are waiting at my impromtu laundrey- lovely to touch them and remeber what I was thinking as I worked on them....

This one is called "There is Here in another location" I included cloth from parcel wrappings on things I sent to me from India...in those days of longing before I lived here.

Clean quilts drying on the verandah....some are very old...I kept them because they were markers in my thinking and experiencing...


Studio up there on the right, everything is pulled out and it is being washed out....we will get some shelves tomorrow and tables and it will be all happening then- wow, what an acheivement to think that....it has been a big process moving into here. Very scary when Praveen got sick...but now all is going well and we are more like newly weds every day....our own home and snactuary and many pressures seem to fad intothe background for both of us.

Vegie garden is progressing nicely...

Silk hunting again, a rush to get an order being stitched for a special client....

and I needed to paint fabric to go into the bed sheets for the hotel...I used to paint a lot of fabric for various projects- it remeinds me of many things I could explore for Pukka Components as well as my Studio work- hhhmmmm, I am about ready to seriously hit the studio again....It is starting to get to be a bubble of excitemnet in my belly!

1 comment:

fabriquefantastique said...

I always enjoy reading your blog...great pics.