Saturday, December 04, 2010

Vietnam Dreams, Pukka Home dreams

 It has been cold enough of a night to pull out my favourite Vietnamese Quilt.
It is a colloage of cross stitched panels from Flower H'mong skirts and has the sensation of a field of flowers when spread out on the bed. I adore it, but it is heavy and so spends most of the year being decorative...what I like best about quilts is sleeping under them. Special dreams when you are protected by beauty and fine craftsmanship.
Now we are starting to plan Our Pukka Place- our home will become a Homestay [and eventually we will let go of the Hotels in town-yeh!- we only lease them and the Landlord of one is a 'challenge' to put it nicely] I can start seriously dreaming quilts and textiles to fill the rooms with....we want a real cosy home atmosphere.
 Lots of dreams and lots of work but  by next season [norther winter time Sept 2011] we will have rooms at our Pukka Home. yippee!
 Pulling out things to hang on the walls,
 sorting out and labelling things for my Pukka Finds shop in Australia in April
 Making orders with our Kantha Stitch lady, this is my shawl, I bought from her years ago, brilliant work! I am getting a copy to sell, let me know if you want one as well....
 Found these treasures, they are samplers I have stitched whilst on tour in Vietnam....planning on making them into a book roll, a tactile book ....got them out staring at me, would love to finish them off before Vietnam in March....

 Look at the stitched sculpture of this Black H'hmong collar- it fascinates me....
 Still places on the March Tour....
 More things I found, some Festive Bunting....it is on esty but I quite like it on our bed....more ideas for our Pukka Homestay....trying to get the right name rolling of my tongue....it will be a bed and breakfast [actually 3 meals a day] linked up with the Pukka Studio....so we can host arts and crafts groups, run workshops, link in with local treats and offer accomodation for people who want a haven in India.....hmmm do like that word Haven.....much playing with words to do.....
happy days....Praveen is out feeding Baba.....everytime Baba draws breath he thinks he is hungry and he has got Praveen tuned in and rushing to fill his food bowl....perhaps I should have agreed to a dog, they don't eat as much!

No comments: