Monday, September 12, 2011

another day, another shower of rain....

I moved to the desert becuae I am quite happy with bkue skies day in and day out....can't belive this rain hanging around but it is easing more to annoying showersand some success is starting to happen.
This is an experiment that is looking very promising...heavy handloom, sari silk discharge and that is just the beginnning....Tasy Old Chooks look out!


Finaaly got a chance to get into my studio- being under a tree in the garden you can see why I am obsessing over the weather....The little goats are tied to the same table and Shankar the guy that usually looks after them was away so I hade their help while I was trying to paint.
Spot thought it was going to be an opportunity for hime to nibble and after nearly turning himself inside out trying to reach up on the table he had to be satisfyied with nibbling on me every time I came his way.


I am really lucky Nandu my printing lady is so accomodating....I love block print but want to play with what I can do with it....deconstruct it in many ways and put it back together a new way.
She does not quite get where I am coming from but is happy to accomodate me....this is a fine black lycra...it caused no end of headaches printing because it is so flexible...first we discharged it and then I wanted to over lay that , Mahendra the printer picked up my block upside down and laid on the first print-  boy! was he embarassed when he lifted it off to see his mistake....boy was I impressed, a much more interesting surface than I had thought up....still got a few things totweak in the printing but this is going to be a wimmer.....

Ohh yes got 3 things painted at home, amongst a good nibbling by Spot and a shower of rain has just driven me inside.....

1 comment:

Ginny Huber said...

Love the block printing experiences and results! Hope your rain stops.