Sunday, August 18, 2013

I think I am a tart...

Always in love with something new [Praveen is a permanent fixture] this is just the chase of an idea,
an inspiration, textiles....
it has been going on for a while out of the corner of my eye.
Toie de Jouy prints has caused a glimmer....
but it is growing...I just succumbed to Abebooks - again and bought a big luscious book on it...I am lining up to go back to the Printed Textile Museum in Mulhouse and the Museum of Toie de Jouy near Paris..itinerary for France tour now listed...excited!!
We are working on new samples for the garment fair in January and thinking block prints- what do we want to use?
I love this look- thinking a block with an Indian image rather than 18th century rural scene...a bit of fun?
All this and as well we have finally got our hands on a stash of handloom Silk Musru fabric all the way from the workshop of Sunil in Gujarat. This is a fabric I was starting to think was only to be found in antique textiles, there are very few workshops still weaving it.
Silk in a satin weave on the top surface and cotton below- lovely weight for a slip on simple jacket....
 You know I would be happy to drool over it for ever but we need to use it and sell it so we can order more and help keep Mr Sunil working away in his workshop
happy, happy and now back to pondering new block designs- we are off to see the carver next week....
what to do, what to do?

No comments: