Saturday, December 22, 2018

time for changes?

Doesn't need to be the New Year,
It does feel like I have only just survived this year though..... I had high hopes it would be easier than the last.
haha
more intense than ever,
Positives
workshop is more organized than last year, systems are working quite well,
people becoming more self reliant and not needing to be spoon fed.
well mostly...
I was starting to feel quietly confident and then there has been a huge blunder interpreting an order.
Trying to sort it all out GRRRRR
Really need an english speaking, well organized and experienced workshop manager.
Managing requires questioning what is happening not just blindly trundling along, my guys follow the system or what they have got into their heads is the idea
 but don't stop and ask questions when it would be a good idea to do so.

So many of our staff are doing wonderfully well, they have picked up on so much but Management is still a big gap. getting people to make comprehensive notes on EVERYTHING and reading them still needs a little work.

The day to day grind is too much for me- I have more than enough on my plate.
My Morocco group gave me this sign,
it is what I aspire to be....
can't you see me swanning around being Artistic Director?
Yes I will still get amongst it all but a little less of being total dog's body- do everything grunt.
Share the workload is my aspiration.

 I want to make beautiful things, create jobs for people, capacity build for them to take up the challenge, run away and lead fascinating tours, have time to smell a few roses.
I am putting it out there Universe and I am receptive.

OHHHH please :)


No comments: