Wednesday, January 02, 2019

2019

What happened to 2018?
It came and went so fast.
I had intentions of making changes, might have even had a hope for a few minutes....
returned from Morocco all inspired to carve myself out a little time with a new hobby writing some little travel observations and stories.... got up to Number 20 and time disappeared....

Stitch no longer is really a relaxing hobby or time out, it is usually some type of work related idea and so becomes more about timing and how I would show someone else how to do it....

Good thing is I have been getting up super early 5.00am at latest grrrrr and doing a little yoga most days, even a bit of exercise bike.
As I mentioned in the CAS newsletter I am following a friend's lead and improving my strength and fitness. Fran can plank for 3 mins.... doesn't sound like long but I will tell you, you try! Each second is a challenge and 3 minutes has 180 seconds in it. You will soon see how slow they can be to slide by.
Haha. Good to have an aim.

Bugger! so pleased with myself - I got all the newsletter together and had all these emails links embedded- each labelled so I would see what people were responding to easily but since the last time I have done that my website/email has changed things and instead of the all coming to my usual email address labelled- they just bounce back. Grrr big bugger! So much for looking all organized.

I have itchy feet- well always but seems extra strong at the moment- being away to wander Rajasthan and then Gujarat was just lovely and I could do with more wandering.

The workshop is great, I love our gang but is time for a little weaning, people have been trained to do a job, I have worked so very hard to set up do-able systems that support the job running smoothly. It is now time people step up and followed the systems. They do quite well when I am in the house but I can see by what is done when I return from a break it has all slowed down and so many things forgotten. Sick of "sorry madam"s.

A bit frustrated. It is not a matter of me being in the workshop or out, it is a matter of staff following the system and checking what they are doing, rather than rolling along blindly, thinking I will pick up the slack.  Management is what we need- we have a fabulous band or workers- ggggrrr what to do?
The big thing is if I am in the workshop I get sucked into paperwork and grunt work and not enough new design work and ideas generation.
Yep frustrated at the moment.
May the new year bring me HELP !!
:)
Sorry a bit of a grumble bum..... weaning problems.
Look - a few minutes to play and try out an idea I have had for ages.
Saris are so comfortable- just a bit of cloth wrapped around you and a pin or two, which I never have but my Ladies can whip out from no where so fast- haha.
I wanted cotton saris to wear in the heat of summer- perfectly to bare your muffin top or two or three even, just make sure your ankles are covered- breeze around your belly would be so pleasant in the heat of summer.
Here and winter I have plenty of thermals on- no glowing, bare, white tummies in sight!
very pleased with the result.

khadi, sari, block print
The Stitching Project first block print sari


Happy New Year,
may all your wishes comes true :)
I am really asking the Universe for help.

No comments: