Friday, October 15, 2010

getting ready to go home :)


 Getting ready to go home...I am so excited.
It is lovely being in Oz and seeing my boys and my mates but I do sssoooo miss my new home. Praveen is giving regular garden reports and Pushkar reports but nothing like being with him and in our home....
Yesterday I was wandering around Dawn's taking pics of corners I know so well- saving up her lovely "cup of tea on the verandah" vibes until next visit or until she lands on my new verandah...



 She will rgrumble when she sees the pic but I love it; for more than 20 years we have sat in this exact location plotting and planning new ideas, talking each other towards sane-ness, even if THEY would question how effective that has been, as our kids grew up...
and still we have ideas hatching....

Stay tuned- it is in the incubator "Books and Blocks" we are calling a residential retreat at my new Studio

Dawn has been very popular with her book making classes...so why not combine travels in India with a workshop?


 A special request , based on a drawing by Ursula B...
Last night due to her bright idea - we tuned a local cafe into an Indian Kitchen, 12 fun and fabulous people joined us and we cooked up a feats  together, then a few more strolled in and  21 sat down to dinner- really enjoyable....most of the dishes you could make at home, the recipes have been on this blog, the atmosphere I wish I could bottle as it would get any dinner party off to a good start and we would be onto a great product.
It was a special treat for those who created it only....

Recipe
enthusiastic people, common interest, great venue and a willingness to all work together,
whip it all up and enjoy!!!

Funds raised for the Shakti Project will run the project for 1 month: to  feed and send at least 54 kids to school.

No comments: