Friday, December 10, 2010

some days sure are complicated!

 A parcel arrived from Australia, but it looked like an Indian parcel because it was all sewn together...Praveen was carefully snipping it open, it came from Dawn and would be full of treasure...nearly Christmas time and she sent the best Christmas Cake last year, Praveen's first taste of fruit cake and he was hooked....I suppose now I can use eggs here I could even make him one!
Do you like my new scissors, made by the same artisan I got some very sweet sounding bells from at the camel fair....

 Inside was treasure alright, fruit cake, seeds of Australian wild flowers, terry cloth tea towels...I know oyu might scratch your head but I like these ones and can't buy them in India, a camel shaped cooky cutter and as it turns out, or when it was turned out to be precsie the wrapping is a very nice bag....


 Now hung in pride of place on our key rack.
 Vegie garden is starting to sprout...with the intensity of my gaze and Praveen's gaze I was starting to worry we might burn our new plants off!!....it is ssssoooooo exciting waiting for seeds to emerge.
 Took some of my guests to a blockprinting workshop with my friends....
 Rohit the youngest is soooo gorgeous....makes me all clucky.
 and we have seriously started exploring options for making out home intop a small and rather exclusive guest house. Exclusive in that we know we will only have the best staying with us....we base this asumption on the great people we have had rock up to visit us at our place so far....
Complicated? yes, there is always so much to do here, so many details to sort out, Stitching Project, home, hotels, life, families [and boy do we have a lot of family!!]...today we are haring off across country to check out a Juuti maker....we have heard he is the best around and I want some....although my story to myself and Praveen is it is research for our Pkka Finds stall in Australia....
Complicated? yes but all in a really good way, Praveen and I are doing really well sorting it all out together, so anything is possible.

No comments: